Peter Young’s Bisbee
April 8th & 9th, 2017
$350 solo $550 duo
A gourmet tour of Arizona’s most dynamic town through the eyes of artist Peter Young.
(Itinerary is subject to change)
Saturday – 8 April
- Arrive Bisbee 10-11am. Check in to the Bisbee Inn.
- 11:00am – Tour of Peter Young’s Studio
- 12:00-1:00pm – Lunch at Bisbee gem Café Roka
- 1:30-4:30pm – Peter Young’s Tour of Bisbee
- Bisbee Royal
- Central School Project
- The Bisbee Radio Project
- Bisbee Council on the Arts and Humanities & Smithsonian Affiliate Mining & Historical Museum
- 5:30pm Cocktails in Puspa’s Bisbee Courtyard
- 5-course dinner – Table Ten
- Be prepared to get your socks knocked off, with this once in a lifetime meal inspired by chef Hazel’s Native Nicaragua. Seriously, it is next level!
- Optional Additional Séance – Kenny’s Séance Room
Sunday – 9 April
- Breakfast in the Bisbee Courtyard courtesy of High Desert Market
- Tour of Lowell Art Studios Tour with Puspa
- Return to Tucson at your leisure
Located 90 miles southeast of Tucson and nestled among the Mule Mountains, Bisbee is the picturesque county seat of historic Cochise County.
The community was founded in 1880, and quickly became a thriving urban center, driven by a booming mining industry that thrived on the area’s rich reserves of copper and precious metals.
Today, Bisbee’s extraordinarily well-preserved early-twentieth century downtown draws visitors from around the world, who appreciate its historic architecture, it’s welcoming, creative spirit and its cool climate. Bisbee also serves as an ideal overnight home-base for visitors – birders, hikers, wine-tasters, music-appreciators, and others who wish to explore our geologically, biologically and culturally rich “Sky Islands” region.
Peter Young first came to prominence in New York in the 1960s before leaving the spotlight to pursue work with global social justice issues and to explore his artistic practice outside the confines of the New York art world. A 2007 solo exhibition at MOMA PS1 reintroduced Young’s work to the global art world and his recent exhibition at Algus Greenspon Gallery won rave reviews from the New York Times. Young’s work remains more relevant than ever, and he continues to paint from his studio in Bisbee, AZ.
Puspa Lohmeyer is an American visual artist, photographer & director of german origin. Engaging the viewer in a visual narrative her work often explores the space that exists between the lines in any given story. Puspa currently lives in the artist haven of Bisbee, AZ where she relocated from NYC in 2005. www.puspaphoto.com